The William Harvey Research Institute (WHRI) is a world leading Pharmacological Centre with a vibrant, multidisciplinary scientific environment devoted to therapeutic innovation in cardiovascular, endocrine and inflammatory diseases.
- Queen Mary University of London awarded £24m from MRC to support the 100,000 Genomes. More info at this link
- Cutting edge translational research at WHRI, alongside the therapeutic innovation spirit of the Institute and its members, rewarded today by a significant deal between Pfizer, MRC Technology and QMUL. More info at link
- 350 scientists and clinicians from 44 Nations Worldwide with 65% staff rated world-class or internationally leading in RAE 2008.
- Top paper in Worldwide Science in 2007, top 10 papers in cardiovascular research in 2009 and 2011.
- 12 BHF, Wellcome, NIHR, MRC, The Gates Foundation and EU Programmes.
- NIHR Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Unit (£12 million since 2008).
- Joint Cardiovascular Programme with UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences.
- Arthritis Research UK Experimental Arthritis Treatment Centre (2012).