The William Harvey Research Institute (WHRI) is a world leading Pharmacological Centre with a vibrant, multidisciplinary scientific environment devoted to therapeutic innovation in cardiovascular, inflammatory and endocrine diseases.
- 350 scientists and clinicians from 44 Nations Worldwide with 65% staff rated world-class or internationally leading in RAE 2008.
- Top paper in Worldwide Science in 2007, top 10 papers in cardiovascular research in 2009 and 2011.
- 12 BHF, Wellcome, NIHR, MRC, The Gates Foundation and EU Programmes.
- NIHR Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Unit (£12 million since 2008).
- Joint Cardiovascular Programme with UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences.
- Arthritis Research UK Experimental Arthritis Treatment Centre (2012).